Jon Avila thinks Nikki Gil is girlfriend material

0

Written on 2:28 PM by Blogtopia

Still on a high after his well-attended birthday concert last weekend at Zirkoh bar along Timog, Jon Avila admits that it feels good to be celebrating his natal day. “That was a success. It was a great gift for me. I’ve never experienced a birthday like that. It’s the best birthday I’ve ever had. There was lots of fun songs and dancing,” he shares.

The actor, who has been in showbiz barely a year, is thankful for the blessings he has had after exiting the Pinoy Big Brother house. “I’ve had a good year. I’m looking forward to spending more time learning and being with friends. And it’s just really great being in this industry. It’s a great life for me. I’m really enjoying it. It’s a dream come true,” he says happily.

The Coverboys hunk also had a grand time with his series of shows in the States with the group and Nikki Gil. “It was very successful. Hindi ko na-feel na trabaho yun. I didn’t feel like I was working, parang vacation lang. Tapos nag-bonding kami lahat. It was fun. We got to visit three states. San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago. I also got to spend a day with my aunties and uncles in LA. Sobrang masaya,” he recalls.

Jon explains that he and fellow Coverboys Zanjoe Marudo, Jake Cuenca, Will Devaughn, and Victor Basa got to hang out with Nikki since they all opted to stay at the hotel instead of going out at night. “We all got to know each other kasi we didn’t go out for gimmick. We had bonding moments,” he states.

Despite being open about his attraction to Nikki, the Kapitan Boom star decided to strictly be platonic with her while in the US. “Mabait talaga si Nikki eh. I wouldn’t mind spending more time with her. But I’m torpe eh,” he admits. But when ABS-CBN.com caught up with him during the Metrowear Gala Randy Ortiz fashion show at the Edsa Shangri-la Hotel last September 4, the Fil-Irish hunk couldn’t help but make an admission about his feelings for her. “The thing is with Nikki is that she’s girlfriend material. I’m the kind of guy na if I get involved with someone, I’m going to give her 100 percent. I’ m going to give too much into a relationship. That’s the kind of person I am eh. So I don’t want to be distracting. Not that she’s a distraction, but I’m sure I would give her all my time rather than my work. I’m just starting pa lang so it’s not the right time for me to get into a relationship,” he shares. But the model-actor is quick to say that he hasn’t closed the possibility of courting Nikki in the future when his career is more stable. “I wanna date someone who’s ready for me,” he concludes.

The self-confessed shy guy also clarifies the misconception that he’s too quiet to ask a girl out. “I’m not the quiet type. Siguro shy lang. I don’t know why really kasi I’ve always been a shy guy. When I’m with girls I tend to be quiet. I don’t want to say anything that they won’t like,” he adds.

Jon is busy with four upcoming movie projects as well as being one of the new hosts of Shall We Dance, along with fellow Coverboy Victor Basa and Lucy Torres-Gomez on TV5. Jon also admits that he has also become more comfortable now with the showbiz scene. “I’m getting the feel of it na. I’m learning a lot. I’m learning how to control my acting when it comes to timing and stuff like that. Sa birthday concert ko, I had to rehearse three dances and then also rehearse dances for ASAP the next day and then one more dance for Wowowee the day after that so I’m really brushing up on my dancing skills right now. So I’m learning a lot of dancing,” he says.

The model is so busy that he hasn’t had much time to work out, but keeping fit is still a priority for him. “I go to Gold’s Gym in Makati. I have a personal trainer. I don’t really diet nowadays. I just try to head out to the gym as much as I can. So I can eat what I want. I had like seven birthday cakes so I’ve been eating cake all week!” he exclaims.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment