Jon learning tagalog

0

Written on 8:28 AM by Blogtopia

Jon Avila was dubbed as the "English Outcast during the PBB Celebrity Edition 2 last year. He disclosed his difficulty in learning Pilipino. "I'm really going for it. I'm trying to give it a go. But the thing is mahirap i-memorize yung mga Tagalog lines. So, I'm more concentrating na on delivering the lines properly. My acting skills will take a bit... Well, my acting skills are there but the language barrier..."

The model-actor is trying his best though.

"I'm reading komiks. I'm reading tabloids, not on a regular basis. But minsan, hindi ko naintindihan what I'm reading. But it helps to read. My technique... actually, I got told by a studio director na to read komiks, 'tapos you record your voice in the mirror. That's one thing now I'm trying to do every night para I can learn the language.

"It takes practice. The best way it is to speak. Panay ako Tagalog nang Tagalog. I mean. I'm trying to speak my best Tagalog right now. I mean, every time I have a conversation, I practice it naman."

Jon is also happy that he has a lot of relatives here, especially in Bulacan.

"Actually, I'm going tonight to visit them. They're gonna pick me up and take me to Bulacan. I miss my Mom na rin. She's in Bulacan. I'm actually seeing her tonight. She's making kulit na, ‘C'mon visit.' The church is holding a party for me because they supported me through PBB. You know, I want to give something back and I'm gonna stay at the party," he narrated excitedly .

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment